Thursday, May 30, 2013

Assignment #26 Critical Film Review



The movie, "This is England" is about a small child that joins a skinhead group after he has been bullied at school, They do reckless things like rob convenient stores or just scare colored people. This was one of my favorite movies, I thought it was very hectic and exciting to watch. 

In this movie I thought that Shaun (little kid) was a very convincing actor and was very enjoyable to watch. He shaved his head later on in the movie. The skinhead group got him jeans and a vest to match them, ever since then he could not feel more accepted.

Another thing I find cool about the movie is about the sub culture of skin heads. I thought it was pretty cool learning about their music and culture more and finding out a lot more than I knew before. 

Who I did not like in the movie was the kid Harvey in the beginning of this movie. He made fun of Shaun and about his dead father which makes shaun angry and fight him. If it was not for Harvey then Shaun would have never become a skin head.

This was one of the greatest movies I have ever seen. I would definitely recommend this movie. It might be offensive to some and other might see it differently. I would give this movie a 10/10, because this movie is so entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment